[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 config?

Thomas A. Roberts taroberts at seegence.com
Sun Jun 15 07:28:48 MST 2003

Dave,

In my (limited) experiance with Asterisk, your header in sip.conf must be
identical to the 'username' property. Note the example:

[phone1]
type=friend
username=phone1
secret=phone1
host=dynamic
defaultip=192.168.1.28
dtmfmode=inband
canreinvite=no   <-- You may want to add this line for your 7960!

As for your SIP0002FD3BA8F7.cnf:

# SIP Configuration Generic File
# Line 1 appearance
line1_name: phone1
# Line 1 Registration Authentication
line1_authname: "phone1"
# Line 1 Registration Password
line1_password: "phone1"

If you would like something other than "Phone1" displayed on your 7960's line
selection screen, add this entry:

line1_shortname: Asterisk Test

As my first contribution to the list, I hope this helps!

Respectfully,

Thomas A. Roberts
Seegence Corporation
www.seegence.com