[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 config?

Dave Weis djweis at sjdjweis.com
Sat Jun 14 19:22:18 MST 2003

I finally got the power supply for my 7960 and am having problems getting
it working. What should be in sip.conf and the SIP(macaddr).cnf file?

This is what I have in SIP0002FD3BA8F7.cnf

# SIP Configuration Generic File
# Line 1 appearance
line1_name: Asterisk Test
# Line 1 Registration Authentication
line1_authname: "phone1"
# Line 1 Registration Password
line1_password: "phone1"

And sip.conf contains:
[phone1]
type=friend
secret=phone1
host=dynamic
defaultip=192.168.1.28
dtmfmode=inband

I am trying to call between the 7960 and a Grandstream phone. It would
work from Cisco -> Grandstream, but not vice versa. While fixing that I
made it not work either way.

It looks like asterisk is sending a 407 to the phone, the phone is trying
to authenticate, not succeeding, and getting a 404.

dave

--
Dave Weis             "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment
djweis at sjdjweis.com   of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent