[Asterisk-Users] Busy message with call waiting?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Sat Jun 14 13:13:55 MST 2003

>  > >Why not have dial just dial, then have applications like WaitForAnswer,
>>  >WaitForDisconnect etc...?
>>  >
>>  >This would give more granularity to the call flow control and allow
>>  >someone to get brave and write a WaitForHuman or whatever.
>>

>>  Hmm... I can't think of too many instances where the functionality of
>>  the existing Dial application would need to be extended.
>
>In rather the same vein as your comments - I'd like to be able to
>announce info about the call to the CALLED party and give them options
>to accept, fwd to vmail, etc etc.
>
>Steve

I have a half-baked thought in the back of my mind about using MeetMe
rooms to handle this, but then we lose the ability to hang up on the
other channel when the called party hangs up.

My concept is really, really ugly, but it probably would work, but
would be terribly crippled.  I think this would be unnecessary if
there was an ability to connect two channels together

I have thought of a dozen different ways that this could be done with
some changes to the Dial method, but I think this would be worth more
discussion with Mark to see if there is an already-existing method to
handle it via the Will-Call-U interface somehow.... I'm not sure.

JT