[Asterisk-Users] Quicknet.-

Iain Stevenson iain at iainstevenson.com
Sat Jun 14 10:43:44 MST 2003

--On Saturday, June 14, 2003 12:56:09 -0400 Francisco Perez-Landaeta
<fplandae at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am sure this question has been asked a hundred times.

Yes - search the list.

> I am planning on
> purchasing the Dev Kit to experience with * and do some voip
> configurations. However, I see that Quicknet phonejack and linejacks are
> compatible. IS it worth the time to try Quicknet hardware or is it a
> waste ? My plans are to setup a gateway.

Recently people seem to have been reporting problems with them.  Apparently
the Linejack can't dial out either.

The DevKit Lite is probably a better starting point.  Providing you are
using the card with a phone system that conforms to FCC (ie North American)
specifications everything should be OK.  In other parts of the world you
will most likely find it works too - but there are no guarantees!

  Iain