[Asterisk-Users] Another PRI based question

Brian Kurkowski brian at mhcommunications.com
Thu Jun 12 21:02:56 MST 2003

Your Verion Rep is way out in left filed.

DID is about the only way to go on PRI's. And doing it is about 3 lines in
the CO switch.

DMS 500
Table DN Route: Numbers to OFRT 223
table OFRT 223 Trunk Group Name
table trkgrp Trunk Definition.

That is all there is to it.

Routing a single number to a PRI channel on the other hand is a nightmare.

We sell DID's in upstate NY for about $20 a hundred.

Some one else said it. Get a new Verizon Rep.

I have about 6 PRI's going to * boxes in my CO right next to a DMS-500, so I
know for a fact this works quite well.

As a note, while ISDN Q.931 does call for a 10 Digit Called Party Number
(PRI DID) it is entirely possible to send 3,4,5 etc digits as the Called
Party Number. Stick with the 10 digits. More typing, but well worth it.

Brian