[Asterisk-Users] Playtones unexpected hangups

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Thu Jun 12 19:37:38 MST 2003

1) I'm working on a quick replacement for DISA, and I ran into the
following snag:  When I specify "Playtones(dial)" I can only get
around 7 seconds of wait time before the dialtone stops, and the
context goes to the "h" extension.  Is there a way around this fixed
timeout?  The DigitTimeout setting doesn't seem to have any effect at
all on this hangup problem.  I can provide more detailed examples.

Further experiments show that this happens with all Playtones -
congestion, dialrecall, everything.  It would seem that the length of
time Playtones will continue should be specified by a numeric seconds
value passed to the program, with perhaps "0" equaling "forever".

2) Also, while this is not a problem for me at the moment, it seems
odd to me that pressing DTMF keys (at least two) will cause any
Playtones to halt, no matter what the tones.  This seems...
unexpected in some cases.  It perhaps would be good to have it
selectable if Playtones listened (stopped and went to next priority)
to DTMF or did not.  As an example, I'd like to have "congestion" be
constant and un-interruptable.  But, if I'm using Playtones(dial) to
gather DTMF sequences, I'd like to have it stop playing when I hit a
key, and pass the call to whatever digit was pressed.  Right now this
feature is nice, because I'm using Playtones as a quasi-DISA.
However, I imagine that an accidental keypress during a ringtone will
cause confusion in some cases.

JT