[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Hardware - Channelbank vs SIP etc

Scott Lambert lambert at lambertfam.org
Wed Jun 11 15:44:26 MST 2003

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 12:42:57AM -0500, denon wrote:
> We're doing a new * installation at a remote office soon, and I was just
> curious what people's opinions were on hardware these days .. I've had
> decent luck with T100Ps and Adtran, but I know times change ..
>
> I'm looking to do roughly 15 handsets and 15 pstn, with some room to
> grow.  I had planned on two T100Ps and two adtran 750s, one for handsets,
> one for pstn.

You might check the pricing on getting your 15 lines delivered on
T1/PRI.  It may be the same price or even cheaper.  And you save one
channel bank and the associated complexities.

It also only take 2 pair; which can be important in some neighborhoods.

<flashbacks of taking out an entire CO the first night we brought up our
 new PoP with 300 POTS dail-up lines.  The telco thanked us when we put
 in Cisco AS5200s instead of our Lucent PM2es. >