[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Hardware - Channelbank vs SIP etc

denon denon at denon.cx
Tue Jun 10 22:42:57 MST 2003

We're doing a new * installation at a remote office soon, and I was just
curious what people's opinions were on hardware these days .. I've had
decent luck with T100Ps and Adtran, but I know times change ..

I'm looking to do roughly 15 handsets and 15 pstn, with some room to
grow.  I had planned on two T100Ps and two adtran 750s, one for handsets,
one for pstn.  I'm thinking of going SIP on the other side, though.  I've
been looking at the Grandstream budgetone phones, as well as their
"handytone".  Anyone have anything good or bad to say on these?  Cisco is
out of that office's budget, I'm afraid. We're replacing a cheapo key
system there, so it's all about the benjamins.. :\

I was also looking at:
http://clipcomm.co.kr/eng/e_product/e_product_voip_analoggateway_4.html
(rumored to be D-Link's OEM?)
and
http://www.yoda.com.tw/SOLUTIONS/vg422r.htm

Any thoughts on these?

Has anyone had good luck with other low-cost channels banks? (noo, not
Zhone.. :)

Any tips are appreciated, you can catch me here or on irc as always ..

-d