[Asterisk-Users] paging system (long)

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Jun 10 09:46:35 MST 2003

Maybe it's me, but it looks like you need to change to AGI instead of
extension logic for parts of this below.

Write a AGI app that does the authenticate, and record of message. If
the user hangs up the phone it is fine since the AGI still is running,
and can then submit a qcall to then start the outbound process. When
recording, I'd make sure the file has a garunteed unique name. In the
qcall you can then reference this unique name to make sure to play this
newly created file.

For the qcall setup, make it a macro so you can pass parameters to it,
specifically the file you want to be played back.