[Asterisk-Users] paging system (long)

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Tue Jun 10 09:03:36 MST 2003

I'm back on the paging again - still can't get it working as I wish.

I have listed two attempts below where I run into basically the same problem
[pagejon] - I drop a file in the spool directory that starts that context,
I must use a device though that the outbound call is placed by. The phones
ring, and when picked up get connected to the device I specify - the
festival stuff is never played that I can tell.

problem - I don't want the call connected to a local device. I want the
called party to hear the festival text if they answer, and if not,
subsequent dials to other numbers should take place in order until one answers.

[pagejon]

exten => 1,1,Dial(${jonexts}|25)
exten => 1,2,festival,you didn't answer
exten => 1,102,festival,you answered

Second attempt - all goes well leaving the message. Then I want to hangup
on the caller in some way (which 899 does), in reality the caller stays
connected, and then the "pagee's" extensions start to ring. If I use a
hangup directly the script stops there.

This is what I want to happen :
1)authenticate (works)
2) leave message (works if they hit # and don't hangup)
3) then hangup on caller, but keep thread running
4) dial to first set of pagee's extensions, wait for answer
5) if unanswered dial another set of numbers and wait
6) when something is answered play a festival message
7) transfer the pagee to voicemail so they can listen to the message just
left for them

[paging]
; page jon
exten => 870,1,authenticate,/etc/asterisk/pageraccess
exten => 870,2,Voicemail,u5901		; record their message in the "paging box"
exten => 870,3,transfer,899|1			; hangup
exten => 870,4,goto,104			;
exten => 870,103,wait,0			; need this since hangup could fail as well as vm
exten => 870,104,SetCallerid,Pager <870>
exten => 870,105,Dial,${JonExts}|30		; jon house phones
exten => 870,106,goto,107
exten => 870,206,Dial,zap/g2/${JonCell}|60
exten => 870,207,festival,you were paged.
exten => 870,208,Voicemailmain

help ?