[Asterisk-Users] NewbieQ: SOHO setup with x100p

Tielman Koekemoer tielman at staff.vista.ac.za
Tue Jun 10 01:38:44 MST 2003

After scouring the list archive and not finding the answer I decided to
post to the list. I'm sure the answer is glaringly obvious but please
bear with me.

Using Asterisk, I'm tasked with setting up a SOHO with 5 analogue (FXS?)
lines and a number of soft-phones for internal extensions. I'm confused
by the telephony hardware needed for this exercise -

1) I need the equivalent of two X400P (which is not advertised on
Digiums's website), else I'll have to install 5 x100p's which is silly.

Is there better hardware for this solution?
Is this all the hardware I need?

Secondly:

2) Do I need a separate fax line? / how can Asterisk route fax calls to
an extension with a fax connected?

TIA for the help,

Tielman

/*           Tielman Koekemoer
             Unix and Network Administrator at Vista University
             Tel: 012-352 4093
             Cel: 083-445 0019
*/