[Asterisk-Users] How much to use Dialogic?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Jun 9 20:43:30 MST 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 16:08, Matthew John Darnell wrote:
> > Slightly Off topic:
> >
> > What are you using to convert the digital ports to analog with DS?  We've
> > tried the ATA and ATA 2, and neither have DS.  The Norstar VMI was the
> only
> > device we could find, but is a little overkill.
>
> Correct, with the Norstar or BCM the ATA's don't provide DS.
>
> I have attached a brouchure that will do it.  It converts eight ports.  I
> have talked to two people who have used it extensivly.  It looks like it was
> built in someone's garage, but it works well I hear.
>
> The email was too large and got rejected by the bot.   I put it on our web
> server,  mail.comtelhi.com/nortel/DS8000A.pdf if you want to download it.
>
> I think dealer cost is about $1800.

<plop> sound of jaw hitting floor. Why not set up a T1 interconnect with
an asterisk box? I'm sure the $500 T100P and the cost of a T1 port is
smaller than the Dialogic card, the licenses for the dialogic driver,
and this device you mention. Not to mention the wiring mess of that many
analog ports. 1 wire is nicer.

BTW, I think it has been covered here before that the D41 is a half
duplex card and wouldn't be good for conferencing.