[Asterisk-Users] Question for someone running hylafax off *.

David Carr dac1 at drgutah.com
Mon Jun 9 12:29:34 MST 2003

I think the easiest way is like this:

exten => 124,1,SetCIDName(jmcdonald)
exten => 124,2,Dial(${FAX})
exten => 125,1,SetCIDName(bsmith)
exten => 125,2,Dial(${FAX})

Then in your hylafax FaxDispatch file put

SENDTO=${CIDNAME}@mydomain.com

Remember to set up your hylafax config file with the right pattern-match
strings

CIDNumber: "CALLER NUMBER: " # pattern string for phone number info
CIDName:   "CALLER NAME: "   # pattern string for identity info

for whatever your modem gives you for the caller ID strings. You have to
hard-code extensions to route to usernames anyway, so I figure it's as easy
to do that in extensions.conf as anywhere else. However, if you want to pass
CIDNumber instead of CIDName through, you can do it with

exten => 124,1,SetCallerID(${EXTEN})

in extensions.conf and

case "$CIDNUMBER" in
435*)        SENDTO=lee; FILETYPE=pdf;; # all faxes from area code 435
5059627777)  SENDTO=amy; FILETYPE=tif;; # Amy wants faxes in TIFF
esac

in FaxDispatch.

Contact me off-list if you want more details.