[Asterisk-Users] working with SIP soft phones

Olaf Menzel menzel at fokus.fhg.de
Mon Jun 9 12:19:01 MST 2003

Hi all,
-------
how can I use SIP softphones together with asterisk such as kphone, siset,
 ... for LINUX wich do not support number dialing.  From my Snom 100 it was
 easy to dial the softphones, but it did not work in the opposite way.

To Dial phone 2 I have just pressed "2" at the Som100 and I could reach the
LinPhone (Linux Softphone). The I tried to ring the Snom100 from Linphone
with sip:phone1 at asteriskIPAdress and sip:2123 at asteriskIPAdress but I did not
hear any response from the Snom 100.

Any hints to solve this issue ??

regards

Olaf

---------------------
sip.conf

[phone1]
type=friend
host=192.168.5.101
dtmfmode=rfc2833
mailbox=9999
context=siphome
callerid="Snom100" <2123>

[phone2]
type=friend
host=dynamic
defaultip=192.168.5.103
dtmfmode=rfc2833                   --> ? wich mode to use with a softphone ??
mailbox=9999
context=siphome
callerid="LinPhone" <2124>

-----------------------------------

extension.conf

[siphome]
include => fwd
exten => 1,1,Dial(SIP/phone1,20,tr)
exten => 2,1,Dial(SIP/phone2,20,tr)
exten => 1000,1,Dial(SIP/phone1&SIP/phone2,20,tr)
; VoiceMail
exten => 1000,2,VoiceMail,u9999
exten => 1000,102,VoiceMail,b9999
exten => 1001,1,Ringing