[Asterisk-Users] Another PRI based question

firedude at shorelinuxsolutions.com firedude at shorelinuxsolutions.com
Sat Jun 7 17:19:56 MST 2003

In speaking to the representative at Verizon, we came to the conclusion
that DID numbers were not the correct solution; however we were told by
Verizon that they could do something called assign individual numbers to
the PRI.  What this would in effect do is give us an additional phone
number that we would like to route to a specific extension; however unlike
the DID number, it would not be assigned to a specific channel.  It would
hunt for an available channel.  What we would like to be able to do is
that even though it doesn't come in on a specific channel, still be able
to route it directly to a specific extension.  The representative at
Verizon said that we should be able to do this by having the PBX recognize
the digits that come in on the line and route it to the specific extension
accordingly.  Is there a way to do this in asterisk?  Thanks again.
AJ