[Asterisk-Users] Modem => Serial ?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Jun 4 03:55:25 MST 2003

The problem with the few softmodem drivers I've dealt with is that parts
of the driver are _NOT_ in source form. The parts that are in source
form are basically a serial interface to the dsp library that does
direct hardware access as it would have kernel level privs from having
been called from inside the kernel.

I'm interested in documenting a dsp library that is available for a
software modem and seeing if it could be a resource for asterisk to
create a modem interface. But this is a project probably for the
fall/winter.