[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Works on Linux on Sparc

Michael Manousos manousos at inaccessnetworks.com
Wed Jun 4 01:17:05 MST 2003

ishpreet at optonline.net wrote:
> I have built Asterisk on SuSe Linux 7.3 on an Ultra 2 Sparc
> WorkStation. I am listing the modification I had to do for the
> benefit of anybody else who wants to use Asterisk
>
> This workstation is equipped with one 400 MHz RISC UltraSparc II CPU,
> 256 MB RAM, Two 9 GB 10,000 RPM UltraSCSI Disks. I have a gatekeeper
> running on this machine,
>
> I had to do the following modification to build * on Sparc:
>
> 1. Modify Makefiles and replace all instances of "-march=*" with
> "-mv8" 2. Comment out lines containing "k6opt" from
> asterisk/codecs/gsm/Makefile. 3. Copy libgsm.a to /lib 4. ln -s
> $ASTERISK_HOME_DIR/include/asterisk /usr/include/asterisk
>
> Not everything works on linux on Sparc ...
>
> You will have to specify "noload codec_mp3_d.so" in modules.conf
>
> chan_h323.so will not load too. It gives undefined symbol error.
> However chan_oh323.so will work fine.

asterisk-oh323 (chan_oh323) is developed and tested on a mixture
of different systems (x86, sparc, StrongARM), so it is know to work
fine with on all of these.

> Have not tested everything but basic MGCP and SIP calls work fine ...
> Voicemail works too.
>
> Still struggling to get H323 to work ... Had a codec issue to begin
> with ...
>
> Now, I am trying to use a DLink H323 4 Port FXS gateway to work with
> *. Have not had any success in getting dial tone there ... If anybody
> has gotten these to work with *, please help me ... with examples
> from oh323.conf, extensions.conf and settings on the GW itself. I
> have tried both with and without gatekeeper.

Regarding the configuration of chan_oh323 (oh323.conf),
start with all v2, v3,v4 features turned off

fastStart=no
h245Tunnelling=no
h245inSetup=no

Assuming that you have a GK, specify this in oh323.conf:

gatekeeper=DISCOVER

Specify a default context in [general] section:

context=voip-h323

In [register] section declare some aliases of * :

alias=123
alias=456

In [codecs] section declare the codecs supported by
H.323 in Asterisk. Start with G711A or G711U (assuming
that this is supported by your GW):

codec=G711U

First, you should verify that Asterisk registers to
the GK. You can do this by checking the GK or from
within Asterisk:

*CLI> oh323 show conf

Now you will have to setup your extensions.conf. For
incoming H.323 calls (to Asterisk) place extensions
to handle the aliases you specified in oh323.conf:

[voip-h323]
exten => 123,1,Playback(demo-congrats)
exten => 456,1,Dial(IAX/someuser at somemachine)

For outgoing H.323 calls (from Asterisk)

exten => 999,1,Dial(OH323/555)   ; 555 is a registered alias
                                  ; of another H.323 phone (e.g. NM)

Hope that helps

Michael.