[Asterisk-Users] Voice Modem + Soundcard Driver

Anthony Wood woody+asterisk at switchonline.com.au
Tue Jun 3 23:56:40 MST 2003

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 09:15:25AM +0300, Dan wrote:
> Hi Woody,
>
> As it is a software modem, it can do full duplex.
> .

If it can do full duplex, then no-one has pointed out to me why a
driver can't be written for it.

> > Also, I don't think Asterisk has drivers for this sort of thing,
> > as most of the hardware is half-duplex.
>
> When asterisk is started, I see something like this in the log:
>
> [chan_modem_bestdata.so] => (BestData (Conexant V.90 Chipset) VoiceModem
> Driver)

I guess it's a specific chipset for certain hardware modems.

> and
> [chan_phone.so] => (Linux Telephony API Support)
>   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/phone.conf':   == Parsing
> '/etc/asterisk/phone.conf'

I guess we'll have to have a look into the Linux Telephony API,
perhaps it is only half-duplex.

> Can those two be used for a voice modem?

Probably if you have a Conexant V.90 Chipset.
chan_phone I don't know.

> There is a modem_bestdata.conf file somewhere?

Don't know.

> Thanks,
> Dan

Woody