[Asterisk-Users] Voice Modem + Soundcard Driver

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Tue Jun 3 23:15:25 MST 2003

Hi Woody,

As it is a software modem, it can do full duplex.
.
> Also, I don't think Asterisk has drivers for this sort of thing,
> as most of the hardware is half-duplex.

When asterisk is started, I see something like this in the log:

[chan_modem_bestdata.so] => (BestData (Conexant V.90 Chipset) VoiceModem
Driver)
and
[chan_phone.so] => (Linux Telephony API Support)
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/phone.conf':   == Parsing
'/etc/asterisk/phone.conf'

Can those two be used for a voice modem?
There is a modem_bestdata.conf file somewhere?

Thanks,
Dan