[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Works on Linux on Sparc

ishpreet at optonline.net ishpreet at optonline.net
Tue Jun 3 11:11:33 MST 2003

I have built Asterisk on SuSe Linux 7.3 on an Ultra 2 Sparc WorkStation. I am listing the modification I had to do for the benefit of anybody else who wants to use Asterisk

This workstation is equipped with one 400 MHz RISC UltraSparc II CPU, 256 MB RAM, Two 9 GB 10,000 RPM UltraSCSI Disks. I have a gatekeeper running on this machine,

I had to do the following modification to build * on Sparc:

1. Modify Makefiles and replace all instances of "-march=*" with "-mv8"
2. Comment out lines containing "k6opt" from asterisk/codecs/gsm/Makefile.
3. Copy libgsm.a to /lib
4. ln -s $ASTERISK_HOME_DIR/include/asterisk /usr/include/asterisk

Not everything works on linux on Sparc ...

You will have to specify "noload codec_mp3_d.so" in modules.conf

chan_h323.so will not load too. It gives undefined symbol error. However chan_oh323.so will work fine.

Have not tested everything but basic MGCP and SIP calls work fine ... Voicemail works too.

Still struggling to get H323 to work ... Had a codec issue to begin with ...

Now, I am trying to use a DLink H323 4 Port FXS gateway to work with *. Have not had any success in getting dial tone there ... If anybody has gotten these to work with *, please help me ... with examples from oh323.conf, extensions.conf and settings on the GW itself. I have tried both with and without gatekeeper.

The same GW with MGCP firmware works fine with *.

These 4-port GWs are cheap. You can get one for about $80 on EBay.

Ish