[Asterisk-Users] ISDN4Linux + Asterisk and Europe

Oliver Brandt oliver_mlisten at gmx.de
Mon Jun 2 03:36:27 MST 2003

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 12:33:06AM +0200, Piotr Adamiak wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Anyone on this group using / implementing * and hardware certified for
> use in Europe ? I believe that ISDN4Linux cards mostly have telecomm
> certificates, so using them should be safe on the client side. Are there
> any major issues / problems associated with using such cards with * ?
> I am talking about a small / very small office with single - few lines.

I tried ISDN4Linux but I had the problem that high voices were
recognized as DTMF signal wich ended up in beping through the whole
call. I belive there is a patch out (maybe eve imcluded in the regular
asterisk code) but I have not tried it. I'm using chan_capi and since I
swiched to an AVM B1 it works great. With the AVM Fritz (passive) it's
suppose to work but it actually cause my whole system to crash every
once in a while...
Just buy a B1 or so at ebay and you should be fine.
CU
	Oliver