[Asterisk-Users] retrieving dialed number when overlap dialing?

Thilo Salmon salmon at netzquadrat.de
Thu Jul 31 12:29:56 MST 2003

I have a number of local users who can dial out on a pri channel using
the fantastic new overlap dialing feature. I would like to add a speed
dialing feature, such as

1. User picks up and dials out (dial startet with option 'H')
2. User hangs up call with '*'
3. Dialed number is stored in a variable
4. User dials a two-digit extension followed by the # sign to save the
   stored number to a database.

The last application is done in a few minutes of AGI scripting. However,
step #3 is a problem when using overlap dialing. As far as I can tell
asterisk only stores the extension which might not be the complete
number, because all overlapping digits are lost.

How would you go about doing something like this? Add yet another
variable to app_dial to hold the last called party number?

Thilo