[Asterisk-Users] Need help

Donn W. Pike dpike2 at cox.net
Wed Jul 30 08:00:58 MST 2003

I do part time consulting work. I need to setup an asterisk system to
allow me to record both inbound and outbound calls to clients. I have one
client that is just a PITA. The client has changed their mind three times
so far and we are at step one.

I have a spare slackware box and a seperate phone line for the consulting
work. I have MCI Neighorhood as my carrier.

What I need to know is:

1. What hardware is needed to record both inbound and outbound call with
the disclaimer added to the phone call. The hardward should be as
transpartent as possible. If I can get this to work I might setup it up on
the main line also but with out the recording capibilites.

2. Any special software patchs to apply to the base source.

3. Any tips on setting up the config files. For the recording and blocking
numbers that do not have proper caller I like telemarketers. The blocking
should be done before the call is passed thur.

4. Need to go as cheep as posible but still have the needed capibilites.

5. I know nothing about telcom except that I pick up the phone, get a dial
tone, and dial.

If any of the above can or cannot be done please let me know of any
alternative, if it possible.

Thank you,
Donn
--