[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk user guide ..

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at JustThe.net
Tue Jul 29 08:25:14 MST 2003

At 01:58 PM 7/28/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Jeremy,
>
>While I see your point, I don't think it's reasonable to ask an end user (as
>opposed to a system admin) to hang out on IRC to learn how to use his/her
>phone while dealing with live calls and trying to do their job (sales,
>marketing, support, accounting, business admin, etc).

I've spoken with Jeremy and he's knowledgeable and usually pretty helpful,
but I agree with Troy's point here - sometimes it's not practical to hang out
on IRC.

To address the other issue - why is there not an end-user guide?
Documentation would depend on the way you personally (as the
system admin) set up the Asterisk box. You may have people dialing
9 for an outside line, while another person may have people dialing 8,
etc. You made this point later in your e-mail. That is the problem. You
can't guarantee that two people will set their PBXen up exactly the
same way.

There are some components that basically work the same regardless
of how they're configured. Voicemail, for example. But the general PBX
functions depend entirely on your setup.

  --
JustThe.net Internet & Multimedia Svcs. [The Fusion of Content & Connectivity]
22674 Motnocab Road * Apple Valley, CA 92307-1950 **NEW ADDRESS**