[Asterisk-Users] Nortel 350

Don Pobanz dpobanz at hastingsutilities.com
Mon Jul 28 15:02:23 MST 2003

On Monday, July 28, 2003 9:46 AM, Wade Weppler
[SMTP:weppler at wwworks-inc.com] wrote:
> The Nortel 350/390/480 can't be "locked" just by dialing into an ADSI
> service.  The phone might not accept programming for that particular
> slot
> anymore, but once the phone is cleared, you can reprogram at will.

Unless we are meaning different things when saying locked they can be
locked. Slots on the phone are not available for things such as
"Comedian Mail"  even after going though the procedures shown below to
clear the phone. A message appears saying comedian Mail download
refused. Services is full. ADSI is not available. This indicates to me
that the phone is locked.

> The lock is a hardware lock.

I'm not sure what you mean by a hardware lock. Is that different than
locking the 4 slots of the phone?

> To clear the phone, you can follow this procedure.  Again, this won't
> clear
> a hardware lock, just all of the software that's resident in the
> phone.
>
> This was posted previously on the list, but another list member:
>
> > Hit options.
> > Choose Time/Date
> > Set the time to Jan 1 12:00am
> > Hit done
> > Hit done
> > Hit options
> > Hit Mute (or Flash, if you don't have a Mute key)
> > A display giving the CPE ID and other stuff will appear QUICKLY
> > press
> > the # key
> >
> > It should reset.  All programs will be gone and the
directory/caller