[Asterisk-Users] ISDN Fritz & RedHat 8.0

Stuart Hirst shirst at easynet.co.uk
Mon Jul 28 05:10:00 MST 2003

Thanks for your info but I think I have it working at last. Below are
the steps I took which might help others.

1) Download the PCI AVM drivers from ftp://ftp.avm.de/cardware
2) Download the Chan_capi from http://www.junghanns.net/asterisk/
3) tar -xvzf fcpci-suse8.0-03.09.10.tar.gz which creates a directory
called "fritz"
4) edit the file fritz/src.drv/tools.c and put "//" in front of the
following lines to exclude them :

#include <linux/string.h>
#include <linux/vmalloc.h>
#include <linux/kernel.h>
#include <linux/version.h>
//#if LINUX_VERSION_CODE < KERNEL_VERSION(2,4,18)
#include <linux/slab.h>
//#else
//#include <linux/malloc.h>
//#endif

This stops the make error message.

5) run "make"
6) run "make install"
7) create a file /etc/capi.conf with the following line in it:
fcpci     -     -     -     -     -     -
8) run "insmod -f fcpci". You will get errors about the version of GCC
but it should still work
9) run "capiinit"
10) run "capiinfo" which should give output showing the card and
supported features.
11) extract using tar -xvzf chan_capi.0.2.2.tar.gz
12) in the chan_capi-0.2.2 directory run "make" and "make install" and
"make config"
13) edit /etc/asterisk/modules.conf and add :

load => chan_capi.so

And in the [global] section add:

chan_capi.so=yes

14) then start Asterisk

I have only just got this to work and so have not tested it yet but it
looks as though it should work. Once tested I will workout how to have
this little lot started up automatically after a reboot.

Hope this helps others.

Stuart