[Asterisk-Users] TE410P startup

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Sun Jul 27 10:12:10 MST 2003

> I put a TE410P card in a machine (a Tyan 2665 with 2x2.4GHz Xeons). A
> red flashing light circles around the 4 RJ48C sockets. I load the
> wct4xxp driver, and the flashing light stops. Whether I connect an E1
> signal or not, no lights are shown, and no alarms are reports in the
> /proc/zaptel/XXX files.  What is supposed to happen? I expected all the
> ports to show a continuous red LED until I plugged in an E1, and then to
> go green. That is what the other Digium cards do.

First, if you want to run in E1 mode you either need to put jumpers on the
T1/E1 select jumpers located just south-west of the middle of the board
(and labeled).  Place a jumper on each span you want to be E1.

Then you'll need to edit your /etc/zaptel.conf and make sure you have E1
spans defined.

Finally, if the lights don't go red, then you might need to manually run
ztcfg.

If all else fails, be *sure* you're running latest CVS :)

Mark