[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk SIP + Grandstream 100 phone

david at melita.net david at melita.net
Sat Jul 26 08:46:00 MST 2003

hi ..

i've just converted myself back to a newbie by trying to experiment with
some new stuff .. I have connected two grandstream Budgettone 100 phones
to my asterisk, and trying to experiment with them ..

I am trying to get into the asterisk sample basically ..
when I dial 1000 asterisk receives the call, but I do not
hear any sound on the phone.

Dialling from phone to phone direct (via IP) works OK so nothing is
wrong with the phones..

Has someone had any experience with these telephones, and maybe
can send me working entries for sip.conf etc. to save me all the
messing about.

Also I cannot get my phone to register with asterisk, it keeps
on giving a "registration failed". My sip.conf entry is:

[mvp]
type=friend
username=mvp
fromuser=mvp
secret=blah
defaultip=192.168.0.210

on the phone I set authentication user mvp, and password blah ..

someone enlighten me please :) :)

cheers
Dave