[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk as a stand alone voice mail server

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Thu Jul 24 10:40:15 MST 2003

Yes, * would work well with a PRI.  You should only need one number
assigned, but then use the ANI (or DNIS; depends on your access
method) to send them to the right mailbox.

I would suggest a 2x2ghz box with 512m to handle 4 PRIs for voicemail
only.  That might be slight overkill, but better too much than too
little.

Yes, voicemail can be stored locally and sent via email.  To my
knowledge, it's not an "or" proposition; it's both.  You could write
a script that goes through and deletes VM from the directory
structure, though - it's file-based storage unless you want to turn
on the database functions.

JT