[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 upgrade from SKINNY load

Ryan Tucker rtucker at netacc.net
Wed Jul 23 16:21:53 MST 2003

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:14:51 -0700, John Todd <jtodd at loligo.com> wrote:
> Once the phone is loaded with P0S30203 you can then download SIP image
> P0S3-04-3-00.bin into the TFTPBOOT directory and either change the
> SIPmacaddress.cnf file to load this image, or change OS79XX.TXT file to
> reflect this image.

You can also set SIPDefault.cnf to use the upgrade image.  It seems to grab
the OS79XX.TXT, upgrade to that version, and then grab the SIPDefault.cnf
and upgrade to the version in there.

This means you can just leave the config there, and phones will happily
upgrade themselves when properly pointed (DHCP with the Boot Server option
works quite nicely for me).  Bonus points for inviting your friends with
their Skinny phones to try them on your network.  -rt

--
Ryan Tucker
Network Engineer