[Asterisk-Users] Integrate Asterisk with Meridian phone syste m

Skuse, Phil Phil.Skuse at vicorp.com
Wed Jul 23 06:41:38 MST 2003

I have done this, with the help of a meridian consultant.

We have an E1 QSIG line from the meridian to a cisco 2621 router which talks
SIP to our asterisk server over ethernet.

Extensions 600 to 699 on the meridian are routed to the cisco which passes
them on to asterisk.
Likewise, from asterisk, extensions 500-599 and anything starting with a 9
map back out to the meridian.

It works totally transparently, as if asterisk and the meridian were one
system.

The meridian requires a NTBK50AA PRI card.
The router requires an NM-HDV module with a VWIC 1MFT-E1 card.

Depending on what you want to do there are probably other ways of doing
this. I am not an expert.

Phil.