[Asterisk-Users] interfacing asterisk with a legacy PBX

Dave Alan Caruana david at melita.net
Tue Jul 22 03:17:15 MST 2003

hi ..

i require to interface asterisk to a 60 line analog PBX in a hotel.
I was thinking of giving Asterisk a couple of PBX lines interfaced
through cards, and then place outgoing calls through SIP/H323 and
a DSL connection.

analog extension lines <--> analog pbx <-->asterisk <--> SIP --> termination

I do not need incoming calls to the lines.

My question is this :
if I take 2 of the existing analog extension lines can I interface these
through Wildcard FXO cards on the Asterisk? Is the signalling
the same?

cheers
Dave