[Asterisk-Users] Again Asterisk and VMWare - it works now!

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Fri Jul 18 23:49:10 MST 2003

Hi,

I have succeed using Asterisk on VMWare on an Athlon at 1GB with 128 MB
allocated for the Linux virtual machine.
I have connected this PBX with another one using IAX/GSM. I can call the
other part and the sound is great, without any interruption.
The phone used is a Cisco7960 with G.711, so still a codec conversion is in
place (GSM/G.711) and Asterisk/VMWare Wkst performs very well.

The problem is only when I try to call local services, like echo test or
Digium Demo. Then, the sound of the informative message for the Digium Demo
is choppy, but the sound from the Digium server (after connection) is very
good.

So.. the problem is only to play local files when in virtual machine (menus,
informative messages, etc.). Why? It is clear that this is not a computer
performance issue and/or a timing problem during the codec conversion.
More, the inband DTMF works like a charm under the virtual machine. Even the
known problem with double digits for Cisco phones dissapear.

BR,
Dan
P.S. Please do not answer again that this setup cannot work. In this moment
I cannot accept such an answer.