[Asterisk-Users] H3500CW recommendation

Joe Antkowiak joe at jsci.net
Fri Jul 18 14:07:08 MST 2003

Also check out www.wantphones.com.  Good phones, good prices.

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Steven
Critchfield
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 3:57 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] H3500CW recommendation

On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 14:41, Howard White wrote:
> So Steven,
>
> I looked at the page you listed for the AT&T 957 (by the way, the DG
> stands for Dove Grey).  I also traversed <www.att.com> to find their
> page hoping for more info about the 3 line, 15 character display.  Nope,
> none, nada, rien, zilch...
>
> So are the three lines addressable (as in ADSI) or are they just for
> decoration.  I know, I know; even on the AT&T site, they sell for $USD30
> plus shipping.

No they aren't ADSI accessible. The first line is time and date, plus
and indicator for whether the phone is off hook or not. From looking at
an angle, I see there is what appears to be a message waiting icon too,
but I don't remember seeing it set. Line 2 is number called/callerid.
Line 3 is also part of the caller id, or while not on a call it displays
how many calls are in memory, and then number of them that are new.
BTW, mine are attached to a zhone too but only for the FXS lines.