[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960g

Yifang Dai daiy at attbi.com
Thu Jul 17 18:55:06 MST 2003

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 06:50:41PM +0200, Siggi Langauf wrote:

> There's not much to it: just configure * as an H.323 gateway in
> CallManager for the appropriate extensions.

Thanks! I'll need to read more about how to accomplish this in CCM :)

> If you need to route calls from * to CCM, just use something like
>
> Dial(OH323/callto:${EXTEN}@callmanager.your-domain.com)
>
> in /etc/Asterisk/extensions.conf.
> ${EXTEN} is the CallManager extension you're going to dial, and
> callmanager.your-domain.com is the CCM's host name (IP address is safer.)
>
> The * part is a bit trickier: I had to use current CVS versions of both
> asterisk and openh323/pwlib. Moreover, the H323 channel driver that comes
> with asterisk will _not_ work with CCM. (It requires an older version of
> openh323, and it will send voice Data to the call manager instead of the
> telephone, which makes it 'one way'.)
>
> The current 0.5.3 release of Michael's OH323 channel driver
> (http://www.inaccessnetworks.com/projects/asterisk-oh323/) works fine.

I've downloaded openh323/pwlib/asterisk-oh323 from the above site, and
cvs co the asterisk modules, everything is looking good so far... I've
been putting off the asterisk project, since the only way to get to PTSN
previously is the analog lines :)

--
Yifang Dai		 |
eFax: (847)628-0255      |    Debian GNU/Linux