[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960g

Siggi Langauf langausd at swt.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Jul 17 09:50:41 MST 2003

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, Yifang Dai wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 12:32:41PM +0200, Siggi Langauf wrote:
> > > Has anybody tried Cisco 7960G? Or 7940?
> >
> > sure, using them all the time here (the Skinny version, which requires
> > Cisco CallManager which in turn connects to asterisk via H.323).
> >
> This is very interesting... Can you provide some more details on how you
> connect Cisco CallManager with asterisk via H.323? Thanks!

There's not much to it: just configure * as an H.323 gateway in
CallManager for the appropriate extensions.
If you need to route calls from * to CCM, just use something like

Dial(OH323/callto:${EXTEN}@callmanager.your-domain.com)

in /etc/Asterisk/extensions.conf.
${EXTEN} is the CallManager extension you're going to dial, and
callmanager.your-domain.com is the CCM's host name (IP address is safer.)

The * part is a bit trickier: I had to use current CVS versions of both
asterisk and openh323/pwlib. Moreover, the H323 channel driver that comes
with asterisk will _not_ work with CCM. (It requires an older version of
openh323, and it will send voice Data to the call manager instead of the
telephone, which makes it 'one way'.)

The current 0.5.3 release of Michael's OH323 channel driver
(http://www.inaccessnetworks.com/projects/asterisk-oh323/) works fine.

Cheers,
	Siggi