[Asterisk-Users] outgoing callerid string

Derek Beaumont dbeaumont at telantek.com
Thu Jul 17 06:14:13 MST 2003

You can set this in zapata.conf.
Basically, you just define the callerid before you define the channel.
Outgoing channels will have the callerid of the company, and internal
channels will have the callerid of the extension.

In zapata.conf
Example:
;I don't think you have to change anything in the fxo_ks channels
because that will be handled by the phone company.

signalling=fxs_ks
callerid=>"Receptionist" <0>
channel=>4

callerid=>"Adam West" <555>
channel=>5

Is there a way for me to set my outgoing callerid string so that all
callers outside of my pbx see our callerid string as company name main
company number but callers inside our telephone network see extension
holders name extension number?  In looking at the references it looks
like
I can do one or the other but not both.  Does anyone know how I might
accomplish this?
Thanks for any suggestions.
AJ