[Asterisk-Users] IAX pauses

Jan Rychter jan at rychter.com
Wed Jul 16 11:45:13 MST 2003

Hi,

I'm running asterisk in the following setup

Phone -> WX100USB -> * -> Internet -> * -> WX100P -> PSTN

The two Asterisks talk to each other via IAX2 and use GSM for voice.

This seems to work quite well except for occasional pauses in voice
transmission. These seem to occur in _one_ direction only (when I'm on
the phone, I can't hear the person that I called via the PSTN), last
several seconds (as in one to five seconds) and are unrelated to network
connectivity (a ping in another window runs just fine all the time).

What could be the cause? What else could I do to help hunt down that
bug?

--J.