[Asterisk-Users] Multiple Phones for 1 Extension

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Jul 16 10:32:55 MST 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 12:20, Justin Eckhouse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to have a SIP phone at home and at the office and have them both
> ring when my extension is dialed. Right now I used the same config for the
> phones (Cisco 7960's). So they both register with the same login & pw. This
> doesn't seem to work quiet right, where only the last phone to register
> seems to get the calls.
>
> What is the proper way to set this up?

Multiple usernames and passwords, then use the dial command properly
-- show application dial --

  -= Info about application 'Dial' =-

[Synopsis]:
  Place an call and connect to the current channel

[Description]:

Dial(Technology/resource[&Technology2/resource2...][|timeout][|options][|URL]):
Requests  one  or more channels and places specified outgoing calls on
them.

>From this you should not that you could do...
exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/work&SIP/home)