[Asterisk-Users] Multiple Phones for 1 Extension

John Laur johnl at blurbco.com
Wed Jul 16 10:31:20 MST 2003

> I'd like to have a SIP phone at home and at the office and have them
both
> ring when my extension is dialed. Right now I used the same config for
the
> phones (Cisco 7960's). So they both register with the same login & pw.
> This
> doesn't seem to work quiet right, where only the last phone to
register
> seems to get the calls.
>
> What is the proper way to set this up?

Have the phones register with different names (make a separate entry for
each phone in sip.conf) then specify them both in the dial string
separated by '&' .. you can specify as many as you want and all will
ring. The one to answer gets the call, naturally.

exten => 3000,1,Dial(SIP/phoneone&SIP/phonetwo)

John