[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960g

dlah at tis.hr dlah at tis.hr
Wed Jul 16 00:33:26 MST 2003

I'm trying to set-up Asterisk server and I would like to buy 2 SIP
phones.
Has anybody tried Cisco 7960G? Or 7940?

What audio compressions can I use with this phone and Asterisk? Reason
why I'm asking is because Cisco supports G.711 and G.729a audio
compression (probobaly some tohers but they are not listed on data
sheet) and on Asterisk features i found that it supports G.729 but need
licence.

What I'm asking is wheter Cisco 7960G is working with Asterisk and what
can I expect from it (quality, codec support, ...)

Second question would be, are two SIP phones enough for testing/playing
with Asterisk?

--
Pozdrav,
        Dario Lah

Your boss is a few sandwiches short of a picnic.