[Asterisk-Users] DTMF control for TDM device?

Brad Bergman bradley at bergman.ca
Tue Jul 15 17:30:37 MST 2003

I have experienced something similar: once the call progress detects that
the call has been answered, there is a bit of a click on the line,
Asterisk spits out a message about attempting to bridge the channels, and
the DTMF tones are distorted thereafter. They are OK up till the answer is
detected, although if call progress detection is off they get distorted as
soon as the number has finished dialling. Also, after the DTMF gets messy,
if I flip the hook-switch for a split second--too short to cause a flash
but enough to detect that a '1' has been pulsed--DTMF works fine again
(but this ends up sending a 1 as DTMF associated with the hook
mini-flash).

I have found this problem using both a USB and TDM FXS adapter.

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Brian Capouch wrote:

> I'm not sure I'm sniffing up the right tree here.  Using a TDM200 and
> X100P talking to a POTS circuit.
>
> Recently (unfortunately, can't say just *how* recently) I noticed when I
> called using my credit card that the DTMF tones I'm sending are not
> recognized by the processor at the other end.  I used this exact same
> hardware, on the same lines, to make the same calls for a couple of months.
>
> I called another phone so I could listen, and indeed the tones are
> clipped very short and sound distorted.
>
> I have looked around in the sample configs and in the source and I don't
> see any config parameters for the Zap devices that might affect this.
>
> Have I missed something?  Does anyone know what might have changed?
>
> Thx.
>
> B.

Brad Bergman