[Asterisk-Users] Fwd:[Vocal] Question about Cisco IP hard phones

Matthew Hardeman mhast at papersoft.com
Mon Jul 14 19:49:11 MST 2003

chan_sccp would be nice :)

I've been playing around with the 7960's and have really enjoyed the 7960 as
a desktop phone.  It's physically well constructed, has a sturdy/heavy
handset (a good thing in my book), a very pleasant user interface...  And if
you're willing to make changes to your network setup to accomodate it's
presently finicky firmwarre, you'll be ok...

The firmware issue for the 7960 SIP is yet to be resolved, but hopefully
it'll come around...

I think the entire 79XX lines of phones by Cisco has lots of promise, but we
won't really see the others (than the 7960/7940) be much use in Asterisk
until there is native support in Asterisk for sccp...  I did hear a rumor
that someone was working on it...

Matt Hardeman
PaperSoft