[Asterisk-Users] Fwd:[Vocal] Question about Cisco IP hard phones

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Mon Jul 14 13:32:36 MST 2003

Interesting notes on the 79xx series.

The 7920 is the wireless phone; not mentioned here.

For a more complete guide to Cisco's phones, see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_data_sheets_list.html

The 7902 is the "very inexpensive" Cisco phone, and it looks like it
will be SCCP (Skinny) only.  Twiddling my thumbs here waiting for the
chan_sccp to appear..... ;-)

JT

>From: "David Kelly" <davidk at cisco.com>
>To: "Chok Lam" <chok at cisco.com>, "Vocal at Vovida. Org" <vocal at vovida.org>
>Subject: RE: [Vocal] Question about Cisco IP hard phones
>Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:56:45 -0700
>
>Folks,
>
>For the time being, the low-end Cisco IP phones, 7902G and 7912G
>support SCCP only. The 7905G supports both H.323 and SCCP, but
>we are not prioritizing new development on the H.323 load. This load
>is a legacy from the 7905 phone that was released in 2003 and
>EOL'd last week.
>
>This autumn, we will release a SIP image for the 7905G and 7912G.
>There are no plans to release a SIP image for the 7902G.
>
>David
[snip]