[Asterisk-Users] Odd output from X100P

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Mon Jul 14 11:03:29 MST 2003

On Monday 14 July 2003 12:39 pm, Scott Stingel wrote:
> On Monday, July 14, 2003, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> > I'm attempting to configure a machine with a DevKit Lite (X100P &
> > S100U).  After I modprobe wcfxo, the machine goes into some kind
> > of loop after about 10 seconds, where it spits out what appears to
> > be 32-bit addresses, ad infinitum.  At this point, the machine
> > becomes completely unresponsive to keyboard input (i.e. Ctrl-C,
> > Ctrl-Alt-Del, even CapsLock and NumLock states [lights] cannot be
> > changed).
> >
> > /etc/zaptel.conf contains:
> > fxsks=1
> > fxoks=2
> > loadzone = us
> > defaultzone=us
> >
> > The addresses are to the screen and are not logged to syslog.
> > They are of the form [<c053dc09>] [<c8009ec0>], etc.  The
> > addresses appear to all be in the ranges C0xxxxxx and C8xxxxxx.
> >
> > The hardware is a PII-266, with 48MB RAM.
>
> I recently had a lot of problems getting the DevLit kit working out
> of the box, even using the configurations supplied on the floppy
> that came with the kit.  I didn't have the problem you are
> experiencing though, which sounds like some kind of hardware
> conflict to me.  I would suggest contacting support at digium.com, and
> they are pretty good about diagnosing the problem (if you give them
> a login to your machine via ssh etc)

Unfortunately, the machine is with a friend and not accessible via
ssh.

> I did notice that you are running on a slower machine.  Digium
> finally got my configuration running by inserting some delays into
> my startup file /etc/rc.d/rc.local, which now looks like this:
>
> rmmod usb-uhci
> modprobe usb-uhci
> modprobe wcfxo
> modprobe wcusb
> sleep 1
> ztcfg -vv
> sleep 1

Noted.  However, given that at the time of this problem, I have not
yet probed wcusb, so the problem seems to be with the X100P driver,
not the USB device.  And the messages don't hit immediately after
probing wcfxo, but there's a lag of approximately 10 seconds (where
the keyboard continues to be functional) before the messages start.

-Tilghman