X100P mod or USB relay box, RE: [Asterisk-Users] Line Override Device

Reed Wade reed at cadre5.com
Mon Jul 14 10:10:23 MST 2003

At 11:34 AM 7/14/2003 -0500, Steven Critchfield wrote:

>One wouldn't use a X100P in a "serious" system.

How so? I assume you're talking about scale and not
reliability. We get a relatively small number of calls
but any one of them could be worth a large stack of
cash for our business. A stinky phone system can make
us look bad.

The main reason I'm looking at Asterisk is to improve
the reliability and control over our phone system.
All the other great things it provides really are
secondary for the folks who pay my salary.

>Only if you aren't pulling power from the USB bus. There isn't much
>there.

There may be just enough depending on how many relays are needed,
but it would be too close. I agree, better off not trying to get
power from there.

I do like the idea of some kind of watchdog functionality. Simply
having power isn't sufficient to trust that a call is getting
routed.

-reed