[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and VMWare

Patrick idefix at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Mon Jul 14 01:14:08 MST 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 09:15, Dan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I cannot do it.... WinXP must have access to my home automation system
> (proprietary cards)....
>
> Dan

Frankly it amazes me you are serious about running a PBX inside vmware
on top of an appalling OS and then asking if some gsm - g711 conversion
can be improved cause it don't work too good within vmware. I don't know
of any vendor that supports their application if it's running on an
unsupported "OS".

So,the answers you get all say the same: either install Linux on the
WinXP box and run your home automation system inside vmware. Or get one
of those mini-atx boxes for $300, install Linux and Asterisk on it and
you are set. They are silent, low on energy consumption and the 1GHz Via
C3 should be fine for home Asterisk use.

On a final note, if you do a search on google you will find many
references to X10, home automation and Linux so there maybe a way out of
those evil proprietary Mickeysoft products.

Patrick