[Asterisk-Users] unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.18/misc/zaptel.o

Tim Petlock tim at petlock.net
Sun Jul 13 14:57:42 MST 2003

Hi all.

I've been lurking here for a couple weeks just trying to get an idea of
how to install asterisk.  I'm running Debian with a custom kernel
version 2.4.18.  I think I've got all the dependencies installed -
debian packages readline4 and openssl are installed.  It's a very
barebones install with only the packages relevant to building a kernel
and asterisk installed.

The compile of zaptel fails with:
Depmod: *** unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.18/misc/zaptel.o
/sbin/depmod -a
I recently purchased the developer's kit from Digium with a single port
FXO and single (active) port FXS card.

What am I doing wrong?

Tim Petlock
tim at petlock.net