[Asterisk-Users] Any Carrier Accessbank I users

Kim C. Callis kcallis at c2associates.net
Sat Jul 12 12:42:37 MST 2003

My configuration for my CAC is 12FXO/12FXS. A few days ago, I was
looking at my zapata.conf and started wondering if 1 maybe my
configuration could be off. The following is my current zapata.conf:

; Configuration file

; Set initial values for all channels in the channel
;  bank, and apply those settings to channels 13-24.
;
; This is "group 2", and is indicated by g2 in Dial
;  statements.
;
[channels]
musiconhold=default
signalling=fxo_ks
usecallerid=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
group=2
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
channel => 13-24

; Here is where all of the "inbound" lines are defined.
;  These keep all of the configurations from the above lines
;  but anything below these comments are applied to the
;  channels listed as the last line of the config file.
;
; This is Group 1, and is indicated by "g1" in Zap Dial
;  statements
;
context=from-analog
busydetect=yes
group=1
signalling=fxs_ks
channel => 1-12

In my extension.conf, I have several references to Dials to g1, and they
seem to work. The problem is that g1 according to my zapata.conf points
to the fxs interfaces. When I look at the CAC, there are 6 lit green
LED, and that would indicate the actual incoming lines. Up until a few
days ago, all the LEDs  on the FXS  card were lit. I made a change in
the zapata.conf, and when I next recycled the CAC, the FXS lights were
all off. That would make since, considering that I don't have anything
attached to the FXS.

So would that mean that the configuration is incorrect? Maybe I have the
channels incorrectly listed? The one thing that I can't seem to do is to
get any dialtone off the FXS card, at least seemingly.

Kim C. Callis