[Asterisk-Users] What does "callerid=" in sip.conf do?

Ryan Tucker rtucker at netacc.net
Sat Jul 12 09:44:14 MST 2003

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 01:05:32 +0900, BK [address only for mailing lists]
<bk_mailinglists at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Everybody seems to say its working for them, but have you actually set
> your [phone] entries in sip.conf such that the username is different from
> the caller ID?

I'm doing the following:

[netacc-9895]
type=friend
secret=...
host=dynamic
canreinvite=no
mailbox=9895 at netacc
callerid=5854199895
context=rochnyint
accountcode=netacc
dtmfmode=rfc2833

e.g. no username= or fromuser=; it gets the authentication username from
the [].  The caller id does get passed to other SIP phones, as well as the
PSTN.  I don't set the name there; rather, I set it in the db and then
LookupCIDName to get it out of there if required.

YMMV.  :-)  -rt

--
Ryan Tucker <rtucker at netacc.net>